Jewelry Repair & Custom Design
Do you have a sentimental piece that's broken and you've had it sitting around for years? Or maybe you haven't worn a piece because something as simple as a clasp has broken and you're not sure how to fix it, and it's entirely possible that at some point in your life, you've lost a mate to your beloved pair of earrings...
We get a lot of requests to repair jewelry from our customers and we fix all kinds of earrings, bracelets and necklaces. Even wind chimes, mobiles, beads on clothing and more! As it’s hard to give an estimate over the phone, we recommend that you bring in your jewelry for an estimate or an opinion. Repairs are paid for at time of pick-up.
We can handle:
- Changing out clasps
- Changing the earring finding (clip-ons, posts, french hooks, lever backs, etc)
- Bead Weaving
- Lengthening/Shortening of pieces
- We DO NOT do any soldering. But do recommend you checking out Rings True, our wonderful neighbor in Carr Mill Mall for your soldering needs.
We DO NOT replace watch batteries. This is not something we do or have ever done.
FOR BOTH REPAIRS & CUSTOM DESIGN:
- All take-in orders will be given a labor estimate for your convenience. We do our best to give you the best estimate possible and if the cost is going to be more than expected, you will be given a call before our designers proceed.
- Labor Rates: $60-$70 per hour
- The minimum for labor on a single item repair is typically $10.
- Turn Around Time: At most, 2 weeks. Although, typically, repairs during Covid-19 have been getting done within a week. Holidays, up to 3 weeks.
- Rush Orders (in addition to labor and materials costs):
- One Week Rush: $10
- Two Day Rush: $20
- 24 Hour Rush (only on business days): $30
- On-The-Spot: Sometimes when the store is slow and our designers are not in the process of working on projects, we may be able to accommodate on-the-spot repairs. This is left up to the discretion of our employees.